Sunday 19 June 2022

2022 - 2023 Kinder - Who We Are

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. My name is Mr. James and I am the Kinder homeroom teacher for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Alongside me are co-teachers, Ms. Wendy and Ms. Nao.

It's been such a fun start to the school year and I was so happy to be teaching this group again for the 2nd year. I taught this energetic bunch in Pre-K and I enjoyed every minute of it. Our first Unit in our Unit of Inquiry was "Who We Are" and my goal was to teach the students about their strengths and weaknesses, how everyone has strengths and weaknesses, our awareness towards others as well as understanding the similarities of people all around the world, rather than looking at the differences. 

I found it to be a lot of fun teaching this to them. Kids grow up thinking they have to be good at everything, and they tend to feel resentful when they see peers doing something better than them. It's important to show them that it's okay to not be good at everything. The goal was for them to show excitement in their peers strengths, but also compassion in understanding their peers weaknesses and help them when needed. And in the end I think we got the message across!



This year was the first year where we also had sports day in term 1. In prior years our Sport's day always took place in the fall, but this year we had it at the end of May! The students of Pre-K worked so hard in practicing their running, and especially their Para balloon performance. All that practice paid off! They performed it perfectly!

Well That's it for now, our current unit is "How the World Works" and we are focusing on learning about materials! Stay tuned next month for another update!

- Mr. James




No comments:

Post a Comment